Petra provides houses for young mothers and their babies, or pregnant women. We currently have 4 homes in and around Bath, with the capacity to house 18 mothers and their babies who would otherwise be facing homelessness. Our support workers are on hand every day to teach life skills such as money management, cooking and nutrition, to enable independence and self sufficiency. The average residential stay is 14 months. When ready, we support the women in finding new, suitable accommodation for them and their children.
We give thanks:
- That our houses have been safe 'bubbles' during the pandemic, protecting our vulnerable mothers from the loneliness and instability that many others have had to face
- For the 16 mothers we have already assisted in finding their own permanent accommodation
- For the privilege of seeing these women grow and flourish, becoming more confident as mums and individuals.
Please pray for:
- Good relationships between staff/volunteers and resident mums, so they can gain the most out of their time living with Petra
- Relationships between the mums in the houses, so they can better support each other, and continue these positive relationships once they've moved on
- The project to grow and be able to support more mothers and babies in need